Get Rid of Mosquitoes in Columbus, OH | Mosquito Removal Services
Mosquitoes are the pest insects most famous for causing the itchy bumps found on exposed skin during the warmer months. Even the northern parts of the country will get slammed with mosquito activity. Columbus is no exception, and we hope to prepare you with the necessary knowledge to make your outdoor life hassle-free. Be proactive this year and get rid of mosquitoes for good by calling Buckeye Wildlife Solutions at (844) 544-9453!
Why Are Mosquitoes on My Property?
Like most other creatures, mosquitoes are simply looking to survive and reproduce. Your yard likely has all kinds of great patches for mosquitoes to live and breed in. Any water source at all, smaller than you may think, is capable of facilitating mosquito reproduction. They require a body of water to host their eggs in, so mosquitoes prefer places where water is prevalent. If you have a pool, a pond, or a nearby creek, you are likely to experience high levels of mosquito activity.
If, however, you notice mosquitoes inside your house, know that you are not alone. Many homeowners experience issues with mosquitoes finding their way inside the house. They make their way in through open doors, cracks in windows, and other commonly used entry points. They are usually found camping around laundry rooms, closets, or under sinks in search of a water source.
How Do I Get Rid of Mosquitoes?
Mosquitoes are some of the most adaptable insects on the planet. They can survive in extreme temperatures, all climates, and at all elevations (including mountain ranges). Therefore, you have to be diligent about preventing them from repopulating in your yard. There are many methods for preventing mosquitoes on your property:
- Vegetation Treatment: Mosquitoes are notorious for hiding in vegetation and, depending on the species, may even lay in wait until a potential blood host passes by. In this case, the proper insecticides will be applied to any infested plants.
- Water Treatment: Mosquitoes may also be present in nearby water sources like ponds, pools, and other common liquid bodies. A situation may present where we see it necessary to treat the water sources with insect growth inhibitors to prevent future mosquito activity in the area of concern.
- Microbial Insecticide: In order to prevent mosquito eggs from hatching, we may apply a microbial insecticide to the breeding area.
- Source Reduction: Getting rid of the source of mosquitoes’ attraction is a very effective method for halting activity in its tracks. This can involve vegetation and water source modification.
Buckeye Wildlife Solutions specializes in pest insect removal, and our mosquito control service is second to none in the Columbus area. Our trained technicians come equipped with backpack fog machines that spread the necessary insecticides to remove problem mosquitoes (with your safety primarily in mind). We use only the latest, most advanced methods and technology in order to best perform mosquito removals.
The Four Key Steps for Proper Mosquito Removal
The four key steps for a successful mosquito removal job are as listed:
- Step 1: Thorough inspection of the property. It is important to get a full survey of the property to determine where mosquitoes are residing and how to best approach the removal.
- Step 2: Deciding how to remove the mosquitoes. Based on where the mosquitoes are located and the specifics of the situation, we may perform any of the several methods listed above (vegetation treatment, water treatment, microbial insecticides)
- Step 3: Source reduction. To get rid of mosquitoes, often times it is helpful to get rid of what is attracting them in the first place. This could be certain plant life, bodies of water, or something else that facilitates mosquitoes’ survival and reproduction. Reducing the source of their interest will prevent mosquito activity in general.
- Step 4: Follow-up. Mosquito problems are usually not a one-time job and may require follow-up sessions for complete removal. Follow any advice given to you by your pest control specialist and keep an eye on the development of mosquito activity on your property.
To get rid of mosquitoes, hire Columbus, Ohio’s #1 mosquito removal company: Buckeye Wildlife Solutions at (844) 544-9453!